When Is Installation Required?
Having a pool or spa installed?
Published: 23rd September 2015
Author: Perth Soakwells
POLYPROPYLENE SOAKWELLS PERTH INFORMATION
We are constantly improving our soakwell designs and pass those benefits onto our clients for soakwell and stormwater projects.
Our Elite Polypropylene soakwell system has been designed by specialists in stormwater management and are used throughout Perth in stormwater and soakwell projects. The stormwater Perth directed into our polypropylene soakwells & tanks is slowly drained into the surrounding soil and released at a slower rate to the local stormwater water table. Our elite Polypropylene systems retain the condition of permeable surfaces, meaning zero erosion. Polypropylene soakwells are a cost effective stormwater solution which allows environmentally friendly function for the span of the soakwell system's lifetime.
Polypropylene Soakwells: Stormwater Tanks with a difference
Over time Perth's stormwater drainage systems are being tested to capacity by the increased run-off that is generated by increased urban
densities and urban sprawl. Statistically, 16% of rainwater or stormwater that land on natural permeable surfaces
will end up in the natural water table, but almost 84% of stormwater that falls on
the impermeable surfaces of hour roofs and paved area finds its way into the local storm drain system. This statistic indicates that over time the amount of water draining into the natural water table is rapidly diminishing.
The impervious area of our sprawling suburbs are increasing year by year. Our reinforced poly soakwells helps to preserve the natural drainage system of our Western Australian suburbs. The polypropylene material is non-toxic to the environment and water passing through our polypropylene soakwells remains uncontaminated.
- Australian Owned and Manufactured Soakwells - We have consistent stock, minimal lead time for deliveries and excellent after sales support for your poly soakwell advice
- Temporary stormwater storage benefit -Our soakwells prevents flooding by directing stormwater underground.
- Polypropylene Soakwell Panel design - Easier transport with effective use of space
- Lightweight Soakwells - Our poly tanks are easier to handle without the use of excavators or cranes.
- Custom Cutouts - Our polypropylene soakwells are designed to allow insertion of stormwater pipe anywhere you require. The profile of the soakwell panels allows for extreme strength regardless of the insertion point.
- DWV and stormwater compatible - Our Elite [tm] Polypropylene soakwells allow for 90mm stormwater, 100mm storm and 150mm DWV piping to be inserted.
- Trafficable - Our soakwells are trafficable which means that the same benefits of concrete soakwells are passed onto you project without the associated cost of concrete soakwells.
- Our polypropylene soakwells are modular - This means the soakwells can be locked vertically or grouped together for projects that require larger volumes. We often install large groups of our polypropylene soakwells to achieve council required capacities for residential soakwells and stormwater.
- 100% recycled Polypropylene - Our soakwell tanks are environmentally friendly. We encourage the sustainable use of materials to ensure a minimal impact on the environment.
- UV Stabilised polypropylene soakwells: The soakwell life is as long as concrete soakwells when installed underground.
- Extreme Strength: Our poly soakwells are designed for load bearing. Our tests show that the type of polypropylene we use allows for enough flexibility to retain structure. Our soakwells can withstand trucks or bobcat loads if covered by 500mm of dirt overhead.
Sub soil drainage system
Poly soakwells can also be used as sub soil drainage system to divert water away from dwellings. In this instance, the polypropylene soakwell system won't be connected to soakwells, but rather be capture point for stormwater to be diverted to another point. This avoids moisture in the walls of homes and structures.
To Polypropylene Soakwells
Over the past three decades, polypropylene soakwells and polypropylene stormwater
drainage tanks have gained broader praise for uses where corrosive materials would fail.
Polypropylene in general has excellent performance in in corrosive applications where
previously rubber or coated materials had been used. Interestingly, polypropylene has also
been the preferred material to replace tanks on marine vessels which had traditionally been
fabricated from niche materials such as stainless steel.
Polypropylene offers the benefit of reduced original cost and long term cost savings benefits
over the life of the equipment. The same benefits are transferred to stormwater drainage
systems consisting of polypropylene soakwells.
Of Polypropylene Soakwells
Polypropylene soakwells have several advantages over traditional materials previously used:
Table Describing Benefits of Polypropylene Soakwells
Polypropylene soakwells have a high resistance to
chemicals and corrosion
Polypropylene soakwells are easily manufactured,
formed and cut
Polypropylene soakwells are light wight and rigid Polypropylene soakwells are easy to maintain and
Polypropylene soakwells have a high tensile strength Polypropylene soakwells have excellent thermal
Polypropylene soakwells have excellent abrasion
Polypropylene soakwells display excellent dielectric
Polypropylene soakwells have very low moisture
Polypropylene soakwells have a documented and
recorded long life span
Benefits of Polypropylene Soakwells Perth
A polypropylene soakwell Perth provides superior stormwater drainage
qualities. It is made by far and large by the most versatile and cost
effective plastic in comparison to other materials. It has great impact
strength, fantastic surface hardness, dimensional stability which keep
its rigid form and excellent abrasion resistance. Specifically, our Elite
Polypropylene Soakwell is resistant to a wide variety of acids, alkalis
and solvent solutions with a temperature range up to 93.3 degrees
Our polypropylene soakwells are manufactured in
Copolymer due to the high impact qualities which are
required in traffic areas such as driveway and
roadways. It is also common for bobcat services to
clear land over soakwells in Western Australia,
therefore the high impact strength of the Elite
Polypropylene Soakwells enable it to bear industrial
traffic. Perth Soakwells TM polypropylene soakwells
are issued with black colour pigment which have
better UV qualities.
The EliteTM Polypropylene soakwell consists of a homogeneous polypropylene material
exhibiting the same corrosion resistance throughout which eliminates the need for additional
Handling the polypropylene soakwells, soakwell installations and relocation of polypropylene
soakwells are easier because polypropylene is lighter than most other materials used in
fabrication. The light weight benefit of polypropylene soakwells allows for cost effective
soakwell installations while exhibiting the traffic capacity of heavy duty concrete soakwells
when installed according to specification.
Our clients throughout Perth, Western Australia unanimously agree that the polypropylene
soakwell options provided by Perth SoakwellsTM reduces installation and maintenance cost.
Polypropylene Soakwells Benefits
• Polypropylene Soakwells made from Environmentally selected Recycled Polypropylene
• Polypropylene Soakwells allow Stormwater Management onsite
• Polypropylene Stormwater tanks Recharge Groundwater Table via Filtration and Dispersion
• Reduces the effect of downstream flooding
• Polypropylene Soakwells are configurable with allowing intelligent site space usage
• Allows for minimum site disruption, with above ground available for alternate use
• Soakwells that are Economical
• Polypropylene soakwells are a Modular structure providing design flexibility
• Elite Polypropylene Soakwells are rate for Heavy Duty load carrying capacity 40t/sqm
• Assembled on site by our Professional Perth SoakwellsTM installation team
• DIY soakwell option provided in panel kit form for easy transport
• Our Elite Polypropylene soakwells sport a huge 95% High void surface ratio
• Quickest infiltration level of all polypropylene soakwells
• Light Weight soakwells, durable, long life
The EliteTM Polypropylene soakwell is designed for subsoil infiltration and dispersion of
stormwater runoff from house roofing, driveways, landscaping, turf, carparks and swimming
pool backwash. Using recycled polypropylene, our polypropylene soakwells are designed and
engineered to be lightweight, structurally sound and rated for heavy duty traffic. Exception
stormwater drainage performance can be obtained from subsurface drainage in most Perth
In many applications, polypropylene soakwells are far superior to traditional concrete soak
well systems. The Elite TM polypropylene soakwell provides a void space ratio of 95% compared
to other systems that have void space ratios as low as 30%. The Elite TM polypropylene soakwell
provides a small footprint and higher stormwater drainage flow rate, which significantly
reduces the amount of soakwell excavation required, soil removal, and associated earthworks.
Polypropylene soakwells arrive on site in panel packs, being economical and easier to
transport than concrete soakwells which usually require excavators and hair deliveries.
Polypropylene soakwells provide the benefit of being lightweight allowing saying of machinery
costs and assembly in otherwise hard to access areas such as established homes with narrow
Polypropylene Soakwells for Stormwater Drainage
Polypropylene soakwells are an extremely efficient stormwater installation option which
manages storm water runoff in both sandy and sen-sandy soils. Surface stormwater is usually
intercepted by drainage grills and stormwater points. These drainage points are connected by
networks of stormwater pipes which then direct the water toward the polypropylene soakwell
system. The polypropylene soakwell, through contact with surrounding permeable soil,
discharges the stormwater back into the underground water ways. All polypropylene
soakwells are installed with permeable geotextile material or geofabric wrap.
Modular Polypropylene Soakwells
Polypropylene soakwells are modular in design which allows them to be configurable in layout
as well as allowing the soakwells to be stacked vertically while remaining suited to both nontraffic
and heavy duty traffic areas, with safety being paramount.
Because polypropylene soakwells are modular it allows us at Perth Soakwells to design and
install any size or shape underground stormwater drainage system without disruption if
underground services such as power, water, sewer to gas.
Modular soakwells also allow us to access areas only open to foot traffic and assemble large
stormwater drainage systems and soakwells which would otherwise be impossible to
Polypropylene Stormwater Quality
Polypropylene soakwells are installed subsurface or below ground which avoids direct
sunlight. Based on the soil filtration and bioremediation principles, the soakwells allow
stormwater of far superior quality to be dispersed into the underground water table.
Polypropylene Soakwell Safety
Soakwells are installed underground which assists in minimising contact with pedestrians and
general human interaction. Because the stormwater drainage system is underground, safety
and health risks to the public are minimised
#perth #soakwells #polypropylene #stormwater #drainage